For questions on the structure and function of the nervous system.
For questions about the nervous system. We welcome all Neuroscience-related questions, ranging from macroscopic to microscopic down to the molecular level. Anatomical questions are welcomed, as well as functional (physiological) questions of the nervous system.
For information on the division of labor between this site and Biology.SE on this subject see:
- The neuroscience and neurobiology tags
- Are questions about neurobiology on or off topic?
- Splitting up questions on neurobiology between cognitivesciences.se and biology.se?
For a comprehensive textbook, see:
- Kandel, E. R., Schwartz, J. H., & Jessell, T. M., Siegelbaum, S. A., Hudspeth, A. J. (Eds.). (2013). Principles of neural science (Vol. 5). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Squire, L. R. (Ed.). (2013). Fundamental neuroscience. Academic Press.