I know of anecdotal evidence for the following drug-related side-effects:
- It can happen while getting used to a new drug, or when quitting a drug. Probably also some other situations.
- The feeling lasts a split second.
- All hearing disappears when it happens.
- Before and after the hearing disappears, there is some sort of auditory noise that lasts about equally long.
- It will feel like some sort of mental disconnection, as if you passed out for just a split second - except you don't lose physical control.
- It can happen many times every day.
- All cognitive and physical functions seem to work like normal.
- It can happen with different medications, including Effexor/Venlafaxin and 5-htp.
What can this temporary black-out be? Does it have a scientific name (i.e., is it a known and recognized phenomenon?)