Which sub-field of psychology is the best option for a research focus on complex trauma (CPTSD)? I want to apply for a PhD in psychology. I like research, but like clinical works too. However, my main motivation is to study complex trauma. Which field would be the best suit for me: Clinical? Developmental? Social? Or cognitive psychology?

Or maybe some health sub-field such as Public Health?

  • $\begingroup$ This sounds opinion-based to me - how would we know what's best for you? This makes it off-topic here. $\endgroup$
    – Arnon Weinberg
    Mar 1 at 9:15


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.