I am 30 year-old man with cerebral palsy. Somehow that and one antispastic drug (baclofen) turned me into a vivid dreamer and out of body experiencer. I am not a believer, quite the opposite because those "other realities" are terrifying, but I often floated in my room, and was also aware of this. Aware to the point that I managed to test a few things.

Sometimes I was floating, sometimes standing on my own legs and watching me sleep, sometimes even seeing me sleeping and me watching myself sleeping from sort of TPP (frequent gamer here, third person perspective)

I would really like to report my case for scientific research. Does anyone know of a research group interested in a case report?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Although I’m not a researcher in this field, I’m interested in this phenomenon and have some interesting references about it. I’ll give you the links to some of the references I have so that you may try to contact the authors. They may be interested in meeting you or can give you advice or refer you to other researchers: Ref 1, Ref 2, and Ref 3. Good luck. $\endgroup$
    – user287279
    Feb 19 '20 at 17:40
  • $\begingroup$ Welcome to psych.SE. Paranormal research is out of scope for this forum. You can check out en.wikipedia.org/wiki/… for some possibilities. There is a standard test that you can run on yourself first though: It involves a random number generator that you can't see while sleeping - use a camera to record it, and when you wake up in the morning, compare what you saw in your sleep to what number the camera recorded at night. Good luck! $\endgroup$
    – Arnon Weinberg
    Feb 20 '20 at 4:01
  • $\begingroup$ @ArnonWeinberg - I find over 3,000 studies in Pubmed on this topic, including some in PNAS, Cortex and Frontiers $\endgroup$
    – AliceD
    Feb 20 '20 at 8:01
  • $\begingroup$ @AliceD I see what you mean. Do you think this question should be reopened? $\endgroup$
    – Arnon Weinberg
    Feb 20 '20 at 17:02
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Another thing you can try is a subject register. These are usually country specific, such as RegisterMatch for the USA; you'll need to see if your country has one. $\endgroup$
    – Arnon Weinberg
    Feb 20 '20 at 17:24