In the field of AI research there are really good research blogs that regularly analyse methods and review papers. Examples that come to mind are:
Might there be something similar for neuroscience? To qualify what I mean by 'good' the blog would have to cover:
- methods for experimental, computational and theoretical neuroscience
- comprehensive reviews of basic neuroscience research
Three neuroscience blogs that come to mind are:
- Harvard Neuro Blog: articles from graduate students and postdocs working on basic research in the neurosciences at Harvard University
- Neuwrite West Blog: a blog to make neuroscience accessible to anyone curious about the brain
- Niko Kriegeskorte's blog: the blog of the visual scientist Niko Kriegeskorte
So far, I am unaware of an online journal like Distill for neuroscience research.
Note: As per the suggestion of Arnon Weinberg I decided to qualify what exactly I mean by 'good' and provided examples for concreteness.