I understand that in some cases, given a set of objects, human subjects asked to randomly select one will tend to favor one over others.

We all know the situation where "37" will be favored when asked to select a random number between 1 and 100, and I'd once heard that the top right square of a square divided into four squares will be favored, etc.

My question is: what is the name for these types of variables? (Schleiderman Variables? Steinman Variables?...)

Thank you.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.