As many of you, I'm trying to improve learning strategies. I've tried mnemotecnics, breaking study-time into small chunks, and going for a walk when stuck with maths, physics or chemistry problems.
After seeing Study Less Study Smart by Marty Lobdell I got more interested in the subject. He states these strategies:
- Study break
- Reward system
- Dedicated study area (Behavior Reinforcement)
- Rote memorization vs. Active learning
- Sleeping (REM Sleep)
- Taking notes (and expanding those)
- Study from books (SQ3R = Survey, Question, Read, Recite, Review
- Mnemonics (Acronyms, Coin Sayings, Interactive Images)
I am not really aware which learning strategies are confirmed by experiments, so what I'm looking for is the following:
Where can I start to read simple papers, reviews or essays on the science about learning and studying strategies?