I want to conduct a research on the effect of emotions on decision. It is about the role of affective and cognitive processes in making a decision. I want to know if an individual relies more on emotions or logical thinking, but could not find any validated measure/questionnaire for that. I found some that measures the dual process theory : rational or intuitive but that is not what I am looking for. Wondering if there is any survey/test for this?
I studied the Child and Adolescent participation in decision-making questionnaire of L. O'Hare, O. Santin, K. Winter, C. McGuinness
They found that children and young people's involvement in decision-making, when it went well, had a four stranded positive ‘therapeutic effect’ in that it led to better child/professional relationships, higher levels of self-esteem in children and young people, increased their sense of mastery and control and reduced their stress and anxiety.
Some items are:
- Information to make a decision is presented to me in a way I understand
- I am given the full information to make a decision
- I feel involved in making decisions in my life
- I am given the opportunity to weigh up the pros and cons to make a decision
- I have the ability to weigh up the pros and cons to make a decision
(...) I wish this questionnaire will be useful for your research.
L. O'Hare, O. Santin, K. Winter, C. McGuinness (2016), "The reliability and validity of a child and adolescent participation in decision-making questionnaire", "Child: care, health and development",5,692-698.