I'm trying to work out how to get my team to understand that different people in the team get different things out of work (excluding the financial drivers).
- Challenge - We are best motivated when we are working toward personally meaningful goals whose attainment requires activity at a continuously optimal (intermediate) level of difficulty.
- Curiosity - Something in the physical environment attracts our attention or there is a discrepancy between present knowledge or skills and what these could be if we engaged in some activity.
- Environment Influence - We have a basic tendency to want to control what happens to us.
- Scenario-planning - We use mental images of things and situations that are not actually present to stimulate our behavior.
- Competition - We feel satisfaction by comparing our performance favorably to that of others.
- Cooperation - We feel satisfaction by helping others achieve our goals.
- Recognition - We feel satisfaction when others recognize and appreciate our accomplishments.
But there doesn't appear to be a final word on this:
My question is: Is there a definitive list of intrinsic motivators?